Inscrit le: 17 Mai 2018
|Posté le: Sam 26 Mai - 15:39 (2018) Sujet du message: How does one get X8 to feather an edge?
I had no difficulty feathering edges of objects, using JASC PSP v9. I cannot get version X8 to render the effect at all. Hopefully some kind soul will correct the steps I tried below. Typically, the manual offers the WHAT and not the HOW. In a test, I painted a white circle inside a black square, against a white background. Maybe feathering does not work with B&W images.
1. Select Magic Wand tool.
2. Mode: Replace -> Match mode: Color (for shading as intimated in the "help" file, but I tried them all).
3. Tolerance: 8 -> Contiguous -> Feather 10 (for 720 x 720 pixel image).
4. Click on black -> marquee appears without any visible effect.
So I continued with the following steps:
5. Selections (upper text menu) -> Modify -> Feather.
6. Check "Preview on Image" -> set feather amount to 15. The "After" preview window shows feathering,
7. OK. The marquee appears larger, but still no feathering applied to the edges. There is no "Apply" in the upper menu.
What must I do to get X8 to feather an edge?
I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
Digital production company